Monday, September 8, 2008

Compromise

When Darren and I started dating, there was an obvious difference between the two of us. A difference so big, the family even asked if I was sure there was no one else. I am, and always have been, an Astros fan. The entire family supports the Houston Astros. I have been to at least one game a season since I can remember. I actually lost count how many games a year I went to when I attended U of H, after all Tuesday was college night. I digress. Needless to say, I am just a little bit of a fan. And well, Darren is not (or was not, still debatable) an Astros fan. And he didn't just like any team. He support the Atlanta Braves. How could I possibly spend the rest of my life with a Braves fan?
Before Emma, we would root our separate ways. However, we didn't feel that it was appropriate to make our daughter choose. Thus came along the compromise. Emma's baseball team of choice is the Houston Astros not Atlanta Braves. Emma's football team of choice is the Dallas Cowboys not the Houston Texans (and really I'm not giving up much there :) ) That is until she is old enough to choose her own teams, but for now anyway is the Astros and the Cowboys.
So, the family attended Emma's first baseball game on . It was a special game beyond Emma's first. It was the day Craig Biggio's jersey was retired. The 'Stros won't be the same. But anyway, Emma had a great time. She fell asleep in the top of the first inning, slept through Ty Wigginton's 3-run homer in the bottom of the 1st. Yes, this included her sleeping through the crowd noise, the firework explosion, and the train. However, we did have time for a few pictures. Here's our favorite.

But not to be outdone, here's another. And yes, she is in an Astros outfit as well. In the top picture she's just hiding it.
And another family photo...(thanks Bryant!)

And so, the compromise goes. Emma went to her first 'Stros game. This past Sunday she watched the Cowboys game with Daddy. And so you don't think I am totally picture biased, here are a few pictures.
The Cowboys had scored a touchdown right before I grabbed the camera. And yes, she does have a Dallas Cowboy outfit, it's just a little big. So, according to Daddy, she saving it for the playoffs. We shall see.

So...go 'Stros and go Cowboys!

No comments: